Broadcast on 26th May 2019
“Kitty arrived in Spain rather by accident, but the circumstances had a positive and direct effect on her work. Her upbringing might be considered unorthodox and Kitty talks candidly about her mysterious father, her maverick mother and an idyllic Sussex childhood.”
In this interview with Kitty Shepherd she discusses her work and her life and gives us 6 tracks which have been important and symbolic in her life.”
‘Listen again’ to my story by clicking — ‘Life Stories’ — with Ian Rutter.
These were my tracks, but you have to listen to find out why.
1. Dvořák – “New World” Symphony. l. Adagio – Allegro molto
2. Phillip Glass – Knee Play 1 EINSTEIN ON THE BEACH. ELEKTRA NONESUCH
3. Roobarb and Custard Theme – Johnny Hawksworth
4. Velvet Underground and Nico – Sunday Morning
5. Leonard Cohen – Dance me to the end of love
6. Delia Derbyshire – Radiophonic Workshop | Doctor Who
Family photograph 1969 Bognor Regis UK